Elizabeth Ann Coe Call - Memories of the Calls and Coe History

Several years ago, Alden Malvern Jones (1915-2010)  shared typed transcript of two manuscripts, "Memories of the Calls" and "Coe History" written by Elizabeth Ann Coe (1862-1956), wife of Charles Joslin Call (1859-1939).

In the letter that accompanied the transcripts, Alden wrote "In the mid 1930's Grandma Call (Elizabeth) set about to record the family history by interviewing Grandpa (Charles) Call and writing his recollections, then doing the same for herself. Because of the Depression, our family was living with them at that time. So I vivedly remember some of the anecdotes which she relates, especially about the twins in later days."

I'm not sure where the original manuscripts are at this time. I thought I would share the information from these documents, with additional information to help identify the people mentioned.

The "Memories of the Calls" is 25 pages long. The "Coe History" is 29 pages long. Each document is broken up into sections, so most likely each section will be presented in a separate blog post.

I will be copying the transcription I have as closely as possible - including spelling errors, original grammar and punctuation, etc. I do not know what changes or errors have entered the documents since they were originally written and transcribed. I believe I am working from a transcription of a transcription of the original manuscripts.

I will add documents and information after each post that relate to the info in that post.

I hope you enjoy reading the stories about our family.


Next post in the series: Memories of the Calls 1 - Obituary of Robert Call



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Recipes - Sandwiches

Mary Ellen (Ross) Hankins (1835-1914)

Adding a Citation to a Document using Photoshop Elements 2023